Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Sound of Silence... No Thank You

Today, as I was hanging out between classes in my room, I came to a realization. I hate silence. I noticed that in between shutting my XBOX360 off and turning the television back from input to TV, I freaked out a little. There was about 3 minutes of silence while I read something online and before I turned my TV back on.
Why do I feel this way? I don't even watch the TV about half the time it is on. Am I afraid to be alone with my thoughts? Am I scared that once I am alone I will forever be alone? I don't know. Even as I sit here, in a computer lab on campus, with no sound but the humming of computers and the tap, tap, tap of the keyboard, I feel like I could be doing something else. I could easily occupy my mind with my favorite music, or a television show I have never seen before.

'Nuff Said

No comments:

Post a Comment